Maret is an intellectually invigorating teaching environment in vibrant Washington, DC. Teachers find our school inclusive, collaborative, congenial, and challenging. If you are dedicated to lifelong learning and are inquisitive, creative, and imaginative, we invite you to consider teaching at Maret.
Maret supports its teachers’ commitments to lifelong learning. We value continuing education opportunities and assist our faculty in expanding their areas of expertise. Our faculty members attend local and national conferences and may also apply for summer study grants. Sample opportunities include:
- Attendance at national and local conferences
- Workshops (one-day to one-week) during the year and summer
- Summer grants for in-house curriculum development
- Local independent school conferences
- Advanced course work (i.e., single courses), sometimes at the school’s request and sometimes at the teacher’s request
- Attendance at the People of Color Conference and other diversity institutes
Over the past two years, 70% of Maret’s faculty participated in one or more professional development opportunities.
- Future of Learning, Harvard School of Education
- Project Zero Classroom, Harvard School of Education
- Stanley King Counseling Institute, Colorado Springs
- Digital Storytelling Workshop as a part of a student group trip to the Shreyas School, Ahmedadab, India
- Summer Diversity Institute, Taft School, Connecticut
One of the most exciting professional development opportunities at Maret is the on-campus Case Institute for Curricular Innovation & Excellence, which supports curriculum work during the summer and reimburses faculty at professional levels. To find out more, click here .
In addition to competitive salaries, Maret offers a compensation package with a wide range of benefits:
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Group Health Insurance
- HMO, POS, PPO
- Maret contributes 74-79% of premium costs
- Voluntary Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Eligible employees can participate and vest on day one of employment
- Employee contributes 1-2%, Employer contributes 7%
- Employee contributes 3% or more, Employer contributes 8%
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Legal Services
- Flexible Spending Account
- MetroCheks or Free Parking
- Free lunch
Maret School stands firmly behind the principle that the admission of students, the employment of faculty, the operation of programs, and the governance of the School be open to all who are qualified regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation. We believe that this principle is both firmly grounded in the spirit of American democracy and in keeping with the civil responsibilities of an independent school.
Interested in Maret?
Assistant Head of School for Faculty Development & Special Projects