Maret is a school that values its commitment to creating an inclusive, equitable community of learners – a school that celebrates plural points of view and draws strength from its diversity.
Several fundamentals of Maret allow us to enjoy diverse experiences:
- Maret is a private independent, co-ed prep school in Washington, DC
- Kindergarten through high school (grade 12) are all on one campus
- Our students’ ages span 5-18 years
- Maret’s urban location, a short walk from Metro, puts the diversity of our nation’s capital virtually at our door
- Students and faculty from all backgrounds collaborate deeply and meaningfully, an ideal environment for the robust exchange of ideas and for imaginative preparation for life beyond Maret.
- 40% students of color and 31% faculty of color.
- Since its inception, Maret has embraced people from all over the world.
Maret is a learning community that values:
Respect ... Integrity ... The individual ... Connectedness ... Creativity ... Excellence ... Joy
Our kaleidoscope of cultures, ages, family structures, sexual orientation, races, religions, talents, and perspectives allows us to live our values to their fullest. It’s an experience that’s sometimes challenging…always engaging…and ultimately extremely rewarding.