Founded by John Malone of Colorado, the Malone Family Foundation’s primary goal is to provide scholarship funding at the secondary level for students who are:
- at the top of their classes;
- have the desire and drive to receive the best education possible;
- and who lack the financial resources to attend top private independent schools
To fulfill these goals, the Foundation seeks the assistance of excellent partners:
- private independent secondary schools with an intense interest in educating gifted and talented students
- schools that have educational resources to challenge each individual’s mind
- an appropriate environment to encourage the reach for excellence
- intimate class sizes allowing a personal teacher-to-student relationship
- the flexibility to allow creative minds to flourish
- a social atmosphere in which each student may exercise his or her intelligence without embarrassment or ridicule.
The Foundation began funding schools in 2000. In the spring of 2003, Maret was chosen from among 50 schools nationwide to receive $2 million to establish an endowment supporting a Malone Scholars program for our students. To date, only 31 schools have received this honor. Maret is extremely grateful to the Malone Family Foundation for this remarkable gift.
Any top student -- current or new -- who is entering seventh through eleventh grade and whose family is applying for financial aid will automatically be considered for the scholarship.
To qualify, the student must come from a family whose demonstrated financial need is at least 50% of Maret’s tuition. Students must be U.S. citizens to apply. Please contact the Admission Office at 202-939-8814 if you have further questions.