Middle School (Grades 5-8)
Independence – and the responsibility that comes with it – evolves during grades 5-8. Academics become increasingly challenging as Middle School progresses; with the help of supportive teachers, students are well prepared to take on age-appropriate rigors.
Maret's Middle School engages the natural enthusiasm, energy, and curiosity of adolescence with a curriculum that is challenging yet exciting. Our program is designed to create confident thinkers, healthy athletes, innovative artists, thoughtful friends, and engaged community members.
At a Glance
- Approximately 200 STUDENTS, grades 5-8
- Combined MATH/SCIENCE and combined ENGLISH/HISTORY classes taught in 90-minute blocks
- Students take LATIN in addition to a WORLD LANGUAGE beginning in 6th grade
- Each student meets daily with an ACADEMIC ADVISOR
- Middle School "HOUSES" engage in monthly competitions to encourage friendships across grades 5-8
How To Apply
- Parents/guardians and students are encouraged to attend.
- The tours last about 90 minutes and include class visits and plenty of time for questions and answers along the route.
- We do tours almost every day of the week, September through December.
- Can't make a morning tour? No worries. Come to our Admission Open House on Sunday, December 4 from 2:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- The interview is a required part of the application process.
- All interviews must be scheduled by the application deadline January 5th, 2017 by 5pm.
- This interview is a chance for us to speak one-on-one with your child and then have a chance to speak with you and answer your questions.
- The interview lasts about an hour.
- Interviews are offered most school days September through January.
- *Your application does NOT need to be completed before an interview. Schedule anytime!
Athletics & Physical Education
Middle School physical education builds on the fitness skills acquired in Lower School. Interscholastic team sports are introduced in grades 7 and 8. Embedded in the school day, these non-elimination sports develop the physical, emotional, and cognitive skills that enable students to become effective team members. All team members are guaranteed playing time.
|PHysical Education: Grades 5 & 6||Interscholastic program: Grades 7 & 8|