- All divisions participate in service learning projects to benefit Anacostia Watershed.
- Students and faculty engage in curriculum-related service at DC children’s centers, assisted living facilities, public schools, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, and food banks.
- During Community Service Day students and faculty spread throughout DC to volunteer at 30+ service organizations.
- For many years, students have volunteered as academic tutors at local public schools, Samaritan Inn, Latino Student Fund, Oyster School, EL Haynes School, and Kid Power-DC.
- Intensive Study Week (ISW), a 35-year tradition, is designed for exploration outside