Scratch Day 2019
We are pleased to announce the second annual DCIS Hack Scratch Day scheduled for Saturday, May 4, 2019 at Maret School from 9:00am to 12:00pm. Friends Community, Sheridan, Siena, St. Albans, St. Patrick’s Episcopal, and Maret are co-hosting this free event that is open to all DC area independent school students grades 3 through 8.
Details About The Day
Come join us for a morning of coding fun designed to encourage students to innovate, to collaborate, and to learn from one another. We will have sessions for beginners, intermediate and advanced Scratchers alike. The current list of sessions is below, but is subject to change.
- Session A: Intro to Scratch (Beginners)
- Session B: Making Webcam Games (Beginners/Intermediate)
- Session C: Classic Arcade Game Simulation Challenge (Intermediate/Advanced)
Scratch Day is a global network of events where people gather to celebrate, the free coding platform and online community for students. Scratch Day events bring together young people from the Scratch community to share projects, learn from each other, and welcome newcomers. Last year, there were more than 1200 events celebrated around the world.
- Who can participate?
- Any student currently attending an independent school in the DMV area.
- How much does it cost?
- The event is free to attend - snacks and refreshments will be provided.
- What should I bring?
- Besides you in your favorite Star Wars costume? Nothing, everything will be provided.
- Do I need to fill out a permission slip or waiver?
- No, we only ask that you register.
- Need more information? Have questions?
Send us an mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.