Maret fosters a vibrant atmosphere for learning. Teachers and students explore, probe, debate, create, and problem-solve as partners.
- Teachers gravitate to Maret for its rich, robust teaching environment.
- Maret promotes teamwork, cross-discipline teaching, professional development, and lifelong learning among our faculty.
- Published authors, composers and musicians, inventors, innovators, museum-shown artists, award-winning educators: our teachers are multitalented professionals whose career skills and “real life” insights enrich the classroom.
- Colleagues and collaborators, they learn from – and support – one another.
- 73% have advanced degrees
- 38% are persons of color
- 30% have 10+ years at Maret
- 10 years average tenure
- 9 are alumni
- Serve as advisors 5th–12th grades
Faculty and Technology
The pace with which new, game changing, education-altering technology enters the market doesn’t faze Maret’s faculty. Two Instructional Technologists support teachers as they work to integrate technology into their curricula, helping them acquire the aptitude they need to incorporate the latest apps that benefit students. Regular after-school technology training sessions for teachers are voluntary, but well attended.
Large-scale conferences and 15-minute Lunchtime Lightning sessions focus on technology topics and questions raised by teachers. The School’s technology staff also oversees a 9-month mentoring program, pairing a knowledgeable and skilled staff member with a colleague who wants to become more proficient in a specific area. These teams meet once a month over the course of the school year, but can address pressing questions as they arise.
Case Institute for Curricular Innovation and Excellence
Established in 2008, The Case Institute for Curricular Innovation and Excellence is an educational incubator that optimizes the energy, talent, and imagination of Maret’s faculty. This dynamic professional development summer program provides faculty with increased compensation and the time to collaborate, create, and improve their courses and teaching methods.
The model for Maret’s Case Institute has been successfully replicated at other schools. We welcome the opportunity to discuss this program with educators and share our insights on how this important initiative can enhance your faculty’s experience.