All Upper School students are responsible for ordering their own books, and you will see below that we now offer multiple ways for you to obtain your textbooks. Feel free to use any of the options below or other websites, such as Amazon.
BE GREEN AND SAVE SOME GREEN!
- There is a limited quantity of used Upper School course books that are available in classroom AC-364 on a first-come, first-served basis at no charge from July 17 - August 10.
- Families can access the books at Maret from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Please check in with Mr. Bobby Holt in the Admission Office on the second floor of Woodley or Ms. Anissa Wills at the Reception Desk to be directed to the storage classroom where you may drop off used Maret course books and/or select used course books for the coming year.
- Mr. Holt can be reached at email@example.com or 202.939.8814.
You can also acquire your student's text books through the Maret Online Used Book Market, a Yahoo group where Maret parents and students buy and sell used textbooks within the Maret community.
- To participate, you will need to join the Yahoo group. There you can then post and receive emails to sell or buy used books within the Maret community.
- Prices should be set at 50% of the original purchase price.
- If you have any questions, contact Linda Coe, the Maret Online Used Book Market Coordinator, at Lndcoe@comcast.net.
Click below to join and when requesting to join the book swap, be sure to include your name and your student's grade.
Financial aid is available for textbook purchases. Maret generally reimburses families for a percentage of their textbook costs that is equal to the percentage of their tuition financial aid grant. Here is the process:
- Once all of your textbook purchases have been made, print out a copy of your Order Summary or Receipt from each retailer that you purchased books from. Make sure that each Order Summary or Receipt shows:
- the name of the student
- the title of every book purchased
- quantity purchased
- the price of each individual book
- the total price of that order
- Please indicate the name of the person you would like the reimbursement check made out to.
- Mail to:
- Maret School
Attn: Mr. Bobby Holt
Director of Financial Aid
3000 Cathedral Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008
- Alternatively, you can email them as PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can fax them to 202.939.8845.
- Maret School
- The Business Office will process your reimbursement and mail you a check within approximately the next 10-15 business days.
We must receive all materials before September 30, 2017 in order to grant reimbursements.
Please note that Maret does not reimburse for shipping costs or sales tax.
Please feel free to contact Mr. Bobby Holt at any time at email@example.com or 202.939.8814 if you have any questions or concerns.
THE MBS ORDERING PROCESS
- Select your books through MBS Direct. New Upper School parents/guardians should create a new account. Returning parents/guardians will login with their email and password.
- Click on MENU and choose ORDER YOUR MATERIALS tab.
- Click on the courses for which your student is enrolled , then click on VIEW YOUR MATERIALS. (View screen shot HERE).
- Choose the books you wish to purchase. Choose ADD SELECTED TO CART for each course. (View screen shot HERE).
- When finished, click on the blue dot PROCEED TO CHECKOUT at the bottom of the page. (View screen shot HERE)
- Follow the instruction on the checkout page and you are finished.
- Take advantage of FREE SHIPPING on new and used purchases over $99 from July 24 through July 30!