Welcome to Maret. We are proud of the many ways we ignite our students' potential, develop the mind, nurture curiosity, welcome challenge, embrace joy, and build a school community that is equitable and inclusive.
We are fully enrolled at the time for the 2020-2021 school year, but our team is happy to speak with you virtually should you have any questions as we work remotely. Please note that the 2020-2021 admission application will open later this fall.
COL Scenarios and Options for 2020–2021
For the upcoming school year, we have developed three scenarios. Although fluid and subject to change depending on the restrictions posed by the pandemic, they are solid models that frame what school might look like in the fall. All scenarios mirror each other to the extent possible. Sample schedules and other details are outlined on the COL Lower, Middle, and Upper School sections.
Maret is a co-ed, independent school located in Washington, DC. We serve 650 students in grades K-12, all on one campus.
- How big is Maret?
- What is Maret’s student-teacher ratio?
- Do students wear uniforms?
- What are the school day hours?
- Does Maret offer before and after school care?
- At what grade do interscholastic sports begin?
- Does Maret provide bus transportation?
- Can my child play sports and still participate in band, choir, plays, or musicals?
Meet the Admission Team
Maret School stands firmly behind the principle that the admission of students, the employment of faculty, the orientation of programs, and the governance of the School to be open to all who are qualified regardless of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or creed. We believe that this principle is both firmly grounded in the spirit of American democracy and in keeping with the civil responsibilities of an independent school.
Maret accepts students as openings become available. With the exception of kindergarten, the exact number of openings for our expansion grades varies each year.
- KINDERGARTEN: 20 new students
- FIRST GRADE: 5 - 7 new students
- FOURTH GRADE: 7 - 10 students
- SIXTH GRADE: 10 - 15 new students
- SEVENTH GRADE: 10 - 12 new students
- NINTH GRADE: 20 - 25 new students
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
We hope to connect virtually soon!