Welcome to Maret. We are proud of the many ways we ignite our students' potential, develop the mind, nurture curiosity, welcome challenge, embrace joy, and build a school community that is equitable and inclusive.
We are fully enrolled for the current 2018-2019 school year at this time. The on-time application deadline for the upcoming school year passed on Tuesday 1/8/2019. You may submit a late application if you wish which would be reviewed on a space available basis.
Please remember that applications do not automatically "roll over" to the next admission cycle. The 2020-2021 admission cycle will be released Fall 2019. At that time, you can sign up for a tour and learn about other admission events and deadlines via Ravenna. Tours are usually offered in the morning of most school days starting in mid-September through early January. Please contact our office directly should you have any questions.
Upcoming Events for Accepted Families
FRIDAY, MARCH 1, 2019
Decisions released in Ravenna: 5:00 pm
TUESDAY, MARCH 5, 2019
Seventh Grade Student Revisit Day: 8:45 am - 1:00 pm
Optional Parent Info Session following drop-off
THURSDAY, MARCH 7, 2019
Sixth Grade Student Revisit Day: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Ninth Grade Student Revisit Day: 8:45 am - 1:15 pm
Optional Parent Info Session following drop-off
5th - 11th Grade Accepted Family Reception: 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
FRIDAY, MARCH 8, 2019
K - 4th Grade Parent Reception: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
FRIDAY, MARCH 15, 2019
Decision Responses Due: 12:00 pm noon
Meet the Admission Team
MARET SCHOOL stands firmly behind the principle that the admission of students, the employment of faculty, the operation of programs, and the governance of the School be open to all who are qualified regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation. We believe that this principle is both firmly grounded in the spirit of American democracy and in keeping with the civil responsibilities of an independent school.
Expansion Grades 2019-2020
Maret accepts students as openings become available. With the exception of kindergarten, the exact number of openings for our expansion grades varies each year.
- KINDERGARTEN: 20 new students
- FIRST GRADE: 5 - 7 new students
- SECOND GRADE: 3 - 5 new students
- FOURTH GRADE: 10 - 13 students
- SIXTH GRADE: 10 - 12 new students
- SEVENTH GRADE: 10 - 12 new students
- NINTH GRADE: 25 new students
If you have any questions, feel free to call or email us at 202.939.8814 or email@example.com.
We hope to see you on campus soon!
Maret is a co-ed, independent school located in Washington, DC. We serve 650 students in grades K-12, all on one campus.
- How big is Maret?
- What is Maret’s student-teacher ratio?
- Do students wear uniforms?
- What are the school day hours?
- Does Maret offer before and after school care?
- At what grade do interscholastic sports begin?
- Does Maret provide bus transportation?
- Can my child play sports and still participate in band, choir, plays, or musicals?
- Maret offers an engaging After School Program for grades K-8 September through June.
- There is no before care for Lower School students. Students are welcome to arrive at 7:45am – 15 minutes before the start of the school day.
- Middle and Upper School students may arrive on campus as early as 7:00 am.
- The After School Program will not operate on days students are not in school.
- Hours of operation are 3:00 - 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays and 1:30 - 3:00 pm or 1:30 - 5:00 or 6:00 pm on Wednesdays.
- Fees range between $4,000-4,500/school year.
- Parents may opt to enroll in the Full Year for one, two, three, four, or five days of the After School Program. Please note that the enrollment must be for the full academic year. Parents are held responsible to pay for the full year regardless of absences.
- A late fee of $15.00 will be charged for the first 10 minutes past the pick-up time and an additional $1.00 per minute thereafter.
- A drop-in option will be available for a flat rate fee of $30.00.
- Registration fees are payable by check or online. One or two installments can be made (September and January).
- Families receiving financial assistance towards tuition are also eligible for assistance towards the After School Program.
- Maret does not provide bus transportation. We are a 10-minute walk from the Woodley Park/Adams Morgan Metro station (Red Line). Maret provides bus shuttle service from the Woodley Park station to campus at 7:40am and 7:50am. Additionally, Metrobus stops directly in front of our campus. See Directions to Campus
- Maret does provide bus transportation to/from all away games for students participating in team sports.
- Yes. Art and music are a part of the regular school day for all students, K-12.
- Beginning in Middle School, there are extracurricular (outside of class) options in visual and performing arts as well.
- Lower and Middle School physical education and team sports take place during the regular school day four days a week. Upper School students participate in sports after school, beginning at 3:30pm.
- Middle School play and musical rehearsals begin at 3:30pm.
- Upper School play and musical rehearsals begin at 5:30pm, after sports practice.