Welcome to Maret. We are proud of the many ways we ignite our students' potential, develop the mind, nurture curiosity, welcome challenge, embrace joy, and build a school community that is equitable and inclusive.
Ready to Start Your Application or Come for a Visit?
Maret on the Road!
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2019
Holy Trinity High School Fair 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
@ 11902 Daisy Lane, Glenn Dale, MD 20769
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2019
Black/Latino Student Fund Fair 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
@ Walter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mount Vernon Place NW, Washington, DC 20001
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2019*
Kinder Chat 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
@ 4404 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20016
*This event is just for families enrolled at SAECC.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2019
Life After 8th Grade High School Fair 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
@ 5917 Telegraph Road, Alexandria, VA 22310
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2019
Norwood School Fair 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
@ 8821 River Road, Bethesda, MD 20817
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2019
Higher Achievement High School Fair 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
@ 1150 Michigan Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20017
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2019
DC School Hub Fair 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
@ 4590 MacArthur Blvd. NW, Washington, DC 20007
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2019
Mocha Moms 9th Annual Education Fair 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
@ 5901 Westchester Park Drive, College Park, MD 20740
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2019
Moms on the Hill School Fair 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
@ 218 D Street SE, Washington, DC 20003
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2019
A Better Chance Fair 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
@ 3000 Cathedral Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
MARET SCHOOL stands firmly behind the principle that the admission of students, the employment of faculty, the operation of programs, and the governance of the School be open to all who are qualified regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation. We believe that this principle is both firmly grounded in the spirit of American democracy and in keeping with the civil responsibilities of an independent school.
Expansion Grades 2020-2021
Maret accepts students as openings become available. With the exception of kindergarten, the exact number of openings for our expansion grades varies each year.
- KINDERGARTEN: 20 new students
- FIRST GRADE: 5 - 7 new students
- THIRD GRADE: 2 - 4 new students
- FOURTH GRADE: 7 - 10 students
- SIXTH GRADE: 10 - 15 new students
- SEVENTH GRADE: 10 - 12 new students
- NINTH GRADE: 20 - 25 new students
If you have any questions, feel free to call or email us at 202.939.8814 or email@example.com.
We hope to see you on campus soon!
Maret is a co-ed, independent school located in Washington, DC. We serve 650 students in grades K-12, all on one campus.
- How big is Maret?
- What is Maret’s student-teacher ratio?
- Do students wear uniforms?
- What are the school day hours?
- Does Maret offer before and after school care?
- At what grade do interscholastic sports begin?
- Does Maret provide bus transportation?
- Can my child play sports and still participate in band, choir, plays, or musicals?
- Maret offers an engaging After School Program for grades K-8 September through June.
- There is no before care for Lower School students. Students are welcome to arrive at 7:45am – 15 minutes before the start of the school day.
- Middle and Upper School students may arrive on campus as early as 7:00 am.
- The After School Program will not operate on days students are not in school.
- Hours of operation are 3:00 - 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays and 1:30 - 3:00 pm or 1:30 - 5:00 or 6:00 pm on Wednesdays.
- Fees range between $4,000-4,500/school year.
- Maret does not provide bus transportation. We are a 10-minute walk from the Woodley Park/Adams Morgan Metro station (Red Line). Maret provides bus shuttle service from the Woodley Park station to campus at 7:40am and 7:50am. Additionally, Metrobus stops directly in front of our campus. See Directions to Campus
- Maret does provide bus transportation to/from all away games for students participating in team sports.
- Yes. Art and music are a part of the regular school day for all students, K-12.
- Beginning in Middle School, there are extracurricular (outside of class) options in visual and performing arts as well.
- Lower and Middle School physical education and team sports take place during the regular school day four days a week. Upper School students participate in sports after school, beginning at 3:30pm.
- Middle School play and musical rehearsals begin at 3:30pm.
- Upper School play and musical rehearsals begin at 5:30pm, after sports practice.
Meet the Admission Team