Apply to Lower School (K-4)
At Maret, our stimulating lower school classroom environment, rich in interactive resources and guided by teachers who are highly trained, enthusiastic, and supportive, provides the ideal setting for young minds to flourish.
How To Apply
- First things first, create a Ravenna account by clicking on the orange button below to keep track of admission events and deadlines.
- This is also the place where you will schedule a campus tour, interview, and check on the progress of your application.
- Campus Tour
- Parent/Guardian Interview
- Applicant Visit
- Teacher Recommendations
- K-3rd: For parents only in small groups (10-12 people total).
- 4th grade: Applicant children are welcome on the 4th grade tour.
- Offered daily in the morning.
- Approximate duration: 60-90 minutes.
- Tours are optional and not required to submit an application.
- You may also attend our Open House on Sunday, December 9, 2018 from 12 noon - 2 p.m.
- For parents/guardians and offered on a first come-first served basis.
- Strongly encouraged for families applying to Kindergarten, 1st and 4th grades.
- Applicants do not have to apply before interviewing. However, all interviews must be scheduled by the application deadline January 8, 2019 by 5pm.
- Approximately a 30-minute conversation with the Director of Admission.
- Multiple time slots throughout the day.
- For out-of-town applicants, online interviews can be conducted via BlueJeans - an online platform.
- Required for Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 4th grade applicants.
- Parents/guardians can schedule online after applying.
- Visits occur in January and February during the school day.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade visit last two hours, and 4th grade visits last 2 1/2 hours.
- During a two-hour morning or afternoon visit, children will have an opportunity to participate in both independent and group activities with other children applying to the same grade level. In addition to spending time with other applicants, your child will meet Maret School teachers and Admission personnel. We will read a story, share a snack, work, and play.
- What are the age requirements for Kindergarten?
- When are applications due?
- Does Maret require applicants to visit the school?
- May my child accompany me on my tour of Maret?
- When do Lower School applicants visit Maret?
- May my child apply for a non-expansion year?
- When do I hear if my child has been accepted at Maret?
Maret strongly encourages all families to tour our campus before applying. Tours are optional and can be scheduled online. Families are welcome to attend the annual Open House in December. Students applying to kindergarten, first and fourth grades are asked to come in for a student visit in January and February.
- Families are able to schedule visits for Kindergarten, first, and fourth grade applicants once they have submitted their applications. You may schedule the visit using your Ravenna account.
- Kindergarten visits take place on Wednesday afternoons in January and February.
- Visits for all other grades will occur early in February.
- We will notify parents with available dates and times for visits.
Our youngest students ease into the world of learning, self-awareness, and friendship in the comfort of the stand-alone Kindergarten Cottage. Kindergarten typically has 20 students working with two full time teachers.
At a Glance
- Approximately 135 students, grades K-4
- First, second, and third grades each have two sections of 12-14 students
- Fourth grade has two sections of approximately 18 students
- The school day runs from 8am - 2:50pm with early dismissal at 1:20pm on Wednesdays
- Our After School Program runs daily until 6pm
Lower School Classes
New student enrollment varies each year, but here is a typical profile:
- Kindergarten: 20 new students
- First Grade: 5 - 7 new students
- Second and Third Grades: new students enrolled only if space becomes available
- Fourth Grade: 7 - 10 students