Apply to Lower School (K-4)
At Maret, our stimulating lower school classroom environment, rich in interactive resources and guided by teachers who are highly trained, enthusiastic, and supportive, provides the ideal setting for young minds to flourish. Learn more about Lower School.
How To Apply to Our Lower School
Begin by creating your Ravenna account.
This is the place where you will schedule a campus tour and interview and where you can check on the progress of your application.
New student enrollment varies each year, but here is a typical profile:
Kindergarten: 20 new students
First Grade: 5–7 new students
Second Grade: new students enrolled only if space becomes available
Third Grade: new students enrolled only if space becomes available
Our youngest students ease into the world of learning, self-awareness, and friendship in the comfort of the stand-alone Kindergarten Cottage. Kindergarten typically has 20 students working with two full time teachers.
Lower School At a Glance
- Approximately 130 students, grades K-4
- First, second, and third grades each have two sections of 12-14 students
- Fourth grade has two sections of approximately 18 students
- The school day runs from 8am - 2:50pm with early dismissal at 1:20pm on Wednesdays
- Our After School Program (with over 15 different club activities) runs daily until 6pm
- Spanish instruction begins in Kindergarten
- Lunch served daily with a mix of Kindergarten through fourth graders at each community lunch table
Lower School Classes
- Science (2x week), half-class
- Spanish (4x week in fourth grade; 3x week all other grades), half-class kindergarten and fourth grade
- Art (2x week), half-class kindergarten and fourth grade
- Music (2x week), half-class
- Physical Education (4x week)
- Library (1x week), half-class kindergarten and fourth grade
- Technology (1x week), half-class fourth grade
- Wellness Classes (1x week)
The Student Experience