Apply To Upper School (9-12)
In Maret’s upper school, students can pursue all of their academic, athletic, and artistic goals in a school environment that both challenges them and supports them.
So Many Opportunities
Maret's upper school program challenges students, broadens their view of the world, and gives them endless opportunities to explore their interests and try new things.
- Our high school classes are rigorous and challenging; advanced and accelerated courses are the equivalent of college-level classes.
- MSON online classes challenge highly-motivated students.
- Students can engage with faculty members in independent studies.
- There are many performance opportunities in music and theatre.
- Expanded summer travel options enrich the academic experience.
- Students are empowered as they learn to self-advocate.
- Newly enrolled ninth grade students can opt into two-week academic and social transition program.
- Sophomores manage their course selection with the help of academic advisors.
- College counseling is tailored to each student’s strengths and goals.
How to Apply to Upper School
Begin by creating your Ravenna account. This is the place where you will schedule a tour and interview and where you can check on the progress of your application.
STUDENT AND PARENT/GUARDIAN INTERVIEWS
The interview is a REQUIRED part of the application process. This interview is a chance for us to speak one-on-one with your child and then speak with you and answer your questions. The total interview time lasts about 45-60 minutes. Interviews are offered most school days September through January.
Your application does NOT need to be completed before an interview. But all interviews must be scheduled by the application deadline January 6, 2022 by 5:00 p.m.
All applicants to the Upper School are required to submit an original writing sample based on one of two prompts on the application. Students can write up to one page.
Current Math and English teacher recommendations are REQUIRED. An additional recommendation is requested from a homeroom teacher who has worked with your child in an in-person school experience.
Parents and guardians can send the recommendation form link directly to the teacher through Ravenna.
No outside admission testing is required or will be accepted this admission season.
A transcript or report card is REQUIRED from the previous and current school year. Parents and guardians can send the transcript request form link directly to the school through Ravenna.
Students in the Upper School Grades 9–12
Academic electives for upper level students to choose from
Student-created and student-led extracurricular clubs, affinity groups, and activities
Interscholastic varsity and junior varsity sports teams to choose from