Apply To Upper School (9-12)
In Maret’s upper school, students can pursue all of their academic, athletic, and artistic goals in a school environment that both challenges them and supports them.
So Many Opportunities
Maret's upper school program challenges students, broadens their view of the world, and gives them endless opportunities to explore their interests and try new things.
- Our high school classes are rigorous and challenging; advanced and accelerated courses are the equivalent of college-level classes.
- MSON online classes challenge highly-motivated students.
- Students can engage with faculty members in independent studies.
- They have multiple chances to perform in music and theatre and to exhibit their art.
- Expanded summer travel options enrich the academic experience.
- Students are empowered as they learn to self-advocate.
- Newly enrolled ninth grade students can opt into a two-week academic and social transition program.
- Sophomores manage their course selection with the help of academic advisors.
- College counseling is tailored to each student’s strengths and goals in their next step after Maret.
- When are applications due?
- What are the math requirements for applicants to ninth grade?
- Does Maret require applicants to visit the school?
- Are students allowed to accompany parents on tours or information sessions?
- May I submit an application for my child to enter any grade in the Upper School?
- When do I hear if my child has been accepted at Maret?
- Are there opportunities to sign up for a shadow visit?
How to Apply to Upper School
Begin by creating your Ravenna account. This is the place where you will schedule a tour and interview and where you can check on the progress of your application.
STUDENT AND PARENT/GUARDIAN INTERVIEWS
The interview is a REQUIRED part of the application process for 9th grade applicants. This is a chance for us to speak one-on-one with your family. The total interview time lasts about 45-60 minutes. The first 30 minutes will be with the student followed by a conversation with the parent(s)/guardian(s). Interviews are offered most school days September through January and can be conducted via Zoom or in person. [We will reach out to 10th and 11th grade applicants in late January to schedule an interview if space becomes available in either of those grades.]
Your application does NOT need to be completed before an interview. But all interviews must be scheduled by the application deadline January 5, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
All applicants to the Upper School are required to submit an original writing sample based on one of two prompts on the application. Students can write up to one page.
Current Math and English teacher recommendations are REQUIRED. One additional recommendation is welcomed but not required.
Parents and guardians can send the recommendation form link directly to the recommender through Ravenna.
No outside admission testing is required or will be accepted this admission season.
A transcript or report card is REQUIRED from the previous and current school year. Parents and guardians can send the transcript request form link directly to the school through Ravenna.
Students in the Upper School Grades 9–12
Academic electives for upper level students to choose from
Student-created and student-led extracurricular clubs, affinity groups, and activities
Interscholastic varsity and junior varsity sports teams to choose from