Apply to Upper School (9-12)
At Maret, our respectful, validating learning environment is the launch pad that allows students to stretch intellectually, and grow. As students practice relationship building and decision-making, they draw upon knowledge, analytical reasoning, and social-emotional awareness, preparing for success beyond our campus.
How To Apply
- First things first, create a Ravenna account by clicking on the orange button below to keep track of admission events and deadlines.
- This is also the place where you will schedule a campus tour, interview, and check on the progress of your application.
- Campus Tour
- Shadow Visit
- Testing & Writing Sample
- Character Skills Snapshot
- Teacher Recommendations
- Interviews begin September/October and are offered through January
- All interviews must be scheduled by the application deadline January 8, 2019 by 5pm.
- Required for all Upper School applicants
- Applicants do not have to apply or tour before interviewing
- Approximately 45-60 minutes
- Half time spent with student, the other half with parent/guardian
- Multiple time slots throughout the day
- Conducted by a member of the Upper School Admission Committee
- The shadow visit schedule will not be available until mid-October. Thank you for your patience.
- Offered October through January from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m (with some exceptions).
- The preliminary application must be submitted before scheduling a shadow visit.
- Visits are offered on a limited, first-come, first-served basis. We regret that not all applicants will be able to shadow due to limited availability.
- Shadow visits are completely optional. All accepted students who do not shadow in the fall will still have the opportunity to do so in the spring.
Character and personal growth are an integral part of a Maret education. While useful, grades and test scores are not the only factors we consider in the admission process, and don't always tell us the whole story of your child. As such, we recommend (but do not require) applicants to Upper School take the Character Skills Snapshot (CSS), which provides us with additional, holistic information and illuminates areas where Maret can help your child grow and thrive. The CSS is free for all students that register for the SSAT and is administered online at home. Please click HERE to learn how to submit the report.
At a Glance
Our high school classes are rigorous and challenging; advanced and accelerated courses are the equivalent of college-level classes.
- 315 students in grades 9-12
- Freshmen are empowered as they learn to self-advocate
- Sophomores manage their course selection with the help of academic advisors
- Juniors and Seniors choose from a vast array of electives that span every discipline
- MSON online classes and independent study challenge highly-motivated students
- 53 student-created/student-led clubs
- 27 varsity and junior varsity after-school sports
- Myriad performance opportunities
- In-depth community service commitments
- Expanded summer travel options enrich the academic experience