Apply to Upper School (9-12)
At Maret, our respectful, validating learning environment is the launch pad that allows students to stretch intellectually, and grow. As students practice relationship building and decision-making, they draw upon knowledge, analytical reasoning, and social-emotional awareness, preparing for success beyond our campus.
Steven Tejada, Director of Upper School
At a Glance
Our high school classes are rigorous and challenging; advanced and accelerated courses are the equivalent of college-level classes.
- 320 students in grades 9-12
- Freshmen are empowered as they learn to self-advocate
- Sophomores manage their course selection with the help of academic advisors
- Juniors and Seniors choose from a vast array of electives (86!) that span every discipline
- MSON online classes challenge highly-motivated students
- Students can engage with faculty members through independent studies
- 64 student-created/student-led clubs
- 24 varsity and junior varsity after-school sports
- Myriad performance opportunities
- In-depth community service opportunities
- Expanded summer travel options enrich the academic experience
- Two-week academic and social transition program for newly enrolled ninth grade students.
How To Apply
- Campus Tour
- Shadow Visit
- Testing & Writing Sample
- Character Skills Snapshot
- Teacher Recommendations
- Interviews begin September and are offered through January
- All interviews must be scheduled by the application deadline January 7, 2020 by 5pm.
- Required for all Upper School applicants
- Applicants do not have to apply or tour before interviewing
- Approximately 45-60 minutes
- Half time spent with student, the other half with parent/guardian
- Multiple time slots throughout the day
- Conducted by a member of the Upper School Admission Committee
- For out-of-town applicants, virtual interviews can be conducted via BlueJeans - an online platform which can be arranged with the Admission Office.
- The shadow visit schedule will not be available until mid-October. Thank you for your patience.
- Offered October through January from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m (with some exceptions).
- The preliminary application must be submitted before scheduling a shadow visit.
- Visits are offered on a limited, first-come, first-served basis. We regret that not all applicants will be able to shadow due to limited availability.
- Shadow visits are completely optional. All accepted students who do not shadow in the fall will still have the opportunity to do so in the spring.
Character and personal growth are an integral part of a Maret education. While useful, grades and test scores are not the only factors we consider in the admission process, and don't always tell us the whole story of your child. As such, we recommend (but do not require) applicants to Upper School take the Character Skills Snapshot (CSS), which provides us with additional, holistic information and illuminates areas where Maret can help your child grow and thrive. The CSS is free for all students that register for the SSAT and is administered online at home. Please click HERE to learn how to submit the report.