Welcome to Maret. We are proud of the many ways we ignite our students' potential, develop the mind, nurture curiosity, welcome challenge, embrace joy, and build a school community that is equitable and inclusive.
We are fully enrolled at the time for the 2020-2021 school year, but our team is happy to speak with you virtually should you have any questions as we work remotely. Please note that the 2020-2021 admission application will open later this fall.
Continuity of Learning Plan (COL)
Maret faculty are working with students online as we practice social distancing. Learn more HERE about how Maret is responding to COVID-19. Below are a few daily COL schedules. Be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to see how we are experiencing distance learning.
Maret is a co-ed, independent school located in Washington, DC. We serve 650 students in grades K-12, all on one campus.
- How big is Maret?
- What is Maret’s student-teacher ratio?
- Do students wear uniforms?
- What are the school day hours?
- Does Maret offer before and after school care?
- At what grade do interscholastic sports begin?
- Does Maret provide bus transportation?
- Can my child play sports and still participate in band, choir, plays, or musicals?
Meet the Admission Team
Maret School stands firmly behind the principle that the admission of students, the employment of faculty, the orientation of programs, and the governance of the School to be open to all who are qualified regardless of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or creed. We believe that this principle is both firmly grounded in the spirit of American democracy and in keeping with the civil responsibilities of an independent school.
Maret accepts students as openings become available. With the exception of kindergarten, the exact number of openings for our expansion grades varies each year.
- KINDERGARTEN: 20 new students
- FIRST GRADE: 5 - 7 new students
- FOURTH GRADE: 7 - 10 students
- SIXTH GRADE: 10 - 15 new students
- SEVENTH GRADE: 10 - 12 new students
- NINTH GRADE: 20 - 25 new students
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
We hope to connect virtually soon!