Students in Maret's Theatre program gain skill and confidence from stretching themselves to try new things, perform on stage, and run the show behind the scenes. Check out what they've been up to!
Congratulations! The Upper School students pulled of a terrific production on stage in the Maret Theatre.
Excerpts from Dramatic Publishing: "Inspired by a true story, Radium Girls traces the efforts of Grace Fryer, a dial painter, as she fights for her day in court... Written with warmth and humor, Radium Girls is a fast-moving, highly theatrical ensemble piece... Called a "powerful" and "engrossing" drama by critics, Radium Girls offers a wry, unflinching look at the peculiarly American obsessions with health, wealth, and the commercialization of science."
Congratulations to the cast!
The production was directed, written, and edited in collaboration with our upper school students and showed the many talents in Maret's Upper School. Rated: PG
Our First Hybrid Performance
Restrictions imposed by the pandemic inspired creative innovations in every aspect of the show. Congratulations to all involved in this historic production!
Middle School Musical 2020: Dear Edwina!
Why We Loved Dear Edwina!
- All vocal and dance tracks were recorded at home by the middle school students.
- All rehearsals were conducted virtually!
- The entire show was choreographed by an eighth grader, and she also taught all the dancing via Zoom.
- The show was stage managed by an eighth grader via Zoom.
- This video production was edited by Maret alum William Lowe'16.
Congratulations to the cast—we are so proud of their hard work and many talents!