Maret’s theater program is a performance-based curriculum, with emphasis on building self-esteem and confidence. Students are encouraged to get involved both on stage and behind the scenes to gain a comprehensive understanding of the theater as well as life skills. Classes are offered in the Middle and Upper School in both acting/drama and technical theater
Saturday, May 1 at 7:00 PM
Please join us this Saturday for the premiere of:
Identity Play: Or, Who You Are When You Think You Are
written by Jon Jory & Jason Pizzarello
With Added Scenes by several cast members
The production is directed, written, and edited in collaboration with our upper school students and shows the many talents in Maret's Upper School. It will be an entertaining evening, so please tune in! Rated: PG
Premiering on YouTube, Link Coming Soon...
The upper school musical, The Theory of Relativity premiered with a virtual live launch on February 21! Hats off the the cast, who were very excited to share with the community the results of many hours of their hard work.
Maret's first virtual middle school musical production, Dear Edwina! Here are just a few reasons why we loved it:
- All vocal and dance tracks were recorded at home by the middle school students.
- All rehearsals were conducted virtually!
- The entire show was choreographed by an eighth grader, and she also taught all the dancing via Zoom.
- The show was stage managed by an eighth grader via Zoom.
- This video production was edited by Maret alum William Lowe'16.
Congratulations to the cast—we are so proud of their hard work and many talents!