Summer Immersion Trip to France
Students live and travel together for a month to improve their language skills, deepen their cultural understandings, make personal connections, and grow as independent travelers and members of the global community.
Students will be accompanied by local French students. The group will stay in various hotels, attend a summer youth camp, and live in a rural country house in the Dordogne region and then in the Bretagne region. They will visit the cities of Bordeaux, Nantes, and Paris.
Trip at a Glance
Who: Open to all Upper School French students (recommended French 4 and up)
Leaders: Mme Eiff (and teacher assistants from France)
Program Fee: Approx. $7500 (depending on number of participants) Financial Aid is available.
Academic Credit: 1 language credit
In order to receive 1 language credit, the student must:
- Seek out opportunities to use French to improve language skills and cultural knowledge by integrating into the local community and communicating with invited guests
- Actively participate in the program activities
- Keep a daily journal (written/oral) with self-generated and/or assigned topics. (Journals will be collected and evaluated based on their use of language, creativity and evidence of reflection)
- Submit a final project related to their experience in France
- Do their own laundry and clean up of rooms as required
- Participate in food shopping and meal preparation as required