Soccer: Boys & Girls
- Session 1: June 13–16* (*4 days)
- Session 2: June 20–23 (*4 days)
- Session 3: June 26–June 30
- Session 4: July 10–14
- Session 5: July 17–21
Session 6: July 24–28CANCELLED
- Session 7: July 31–August 4
- Session 8: Aug 7–11
- Coed Elite for ages 10–16: Travel & Academy players only
- Girls Elite for ages 10–16: Travel & High School players
- Coed Premiere for ages 6–14: Travel and Recreational players
- Goalkeeper training for ages 8–16: Travel and Recreational players
- Full Day: $425/week. (9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.)*
- Half-Day: $325/week. (9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)*
*Week of June 13 and June 20: $340 for Full Day and $260 for Half Day.
The primary goal of the camp is to strengthen the cognitive ability of each player while improving their technical level to successfully execute on the field of play. The structure of the training sessions will be as follows:
- Morning Sessions (9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.)—A combination of skill acquisition and tactical awareness.
- Afternoon sessions (1:00-3:00 p.m.)—Small-sided/futsal games and film study.
The full-day program will run from 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m., and participants should bring a bag lunch (no refrigeration available). We will break from 12:00–1:00 p.m. each day for lunch and recovery. All campers should also wear proper shoes for both outdoor and indoor soccer. Bring a ball, sunscreen, and a water bottle.
- Participants should provide their own lunch (that does not need to be refrigerated) and a water bottle.
- We do not offer before or after care for summer camps.
- 8:30–9:00 a.m.—Drop-Off
- 9:00–9:30 a.m. —Warm-up & Small-sided Games
- 9:45–11:45 a.m.—Training Sessions
- 11:45 a.m. –12:00 p.m.—Q&A with Coaches
- 12:00 –1:00 p.m.—Lunch
- 1:00–3:00 p.m. —Scrimmages & Film Study
Coach Mohan Telfer, Maret Boys Varsity head coach (MAC Champions 2012, 2016, 2018, and 2021), holds a USSF “B” license. Telfer has been a Travel Soccer coach for over 16 years. With DC Stoddert, he spent over 10 years working with boys and girls teams between U-9 and U-17. He spent three years with the Darryl Gee Soccer Academy where he excelled in introducing the game to young players between the ages of three and five. His résumé also includes two years with DC Parks & Recreation Summer Soccer programs.
He has trained numerous teams in the Stoddert Recreational League as well and enjoys the challenge of working with varying age groups and skill levels. In the Spring of 2016, he led the Stoddert GU13 Blue Metros through an undefeated VYSA State Cup campaign where they finished with a record of 7-0 while scoring 19 goals and conceding only one goal. The victory was the first State Cup Championship trophy for Stoddert in over forty years.
Mohan was named Stoddert Travel Coach of the year 2016, an honor that he also received in 2008. Coach Mohan guided his Maret Boys Varsity Soccer team to a league-winning 9-1-1 record to secure top honors in the MAC in the fall of 2018. The team also won the MAC tournament to secure the first double in Coach Mohan’s nine-year tenure. Most recently, he guided the Frogs to another league double 2021, with an undefeated record in the MAC.
As Age Group Director of Stoddert GU13-15 for almost ten years, Coach Mohan’s age group was very successful in the State Cup tournaments in both Maryland and Virginia. There were five Semifinalist appearances, three finals, and one Championship between 2014 and 2018. Coach Mohan was recently named Girls Technical Director at DCXI where he's also the head coach of the 2011 and 2012 Black teams.