Building Maret's Future Today
A growing endowment powers transformational change and guarantees long-term financial sustainability in an uncertain future. During Maret’s Centennial in 2011, through our Second Century Campaign, we doubled our endowment from $12.5 million to $25 million. Today, thanks to sound investment management and many generous donors, our endowment now exceeds $35 million.
Our endowment is a permanent source of funding which supports Maret’s operating budget each year and advances School priorities.
- From 2010 to 2021 Maret’s budget grew by 53%.
- The endowment grew by 222%.
- Maret’s current endowment is over $35 million.
ADVANCE EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING
Keep median faculty salaries and benefits in the top quartile of our peer schools to recruit and retain high-performing and diverse teachers.
- The heart of Maret
- Compensation is 61% of the budget
- DC highly competitive marketplace
- Faculty salary increases tied to tuition increases
SECURE OUR COMMITMENT TO STUDENTS AND FAMILIES
Sustain financial aid to support 25% of our students and continue to build a community that is equitable and inclusive.
- Expect the need to grow
- 25% of students K–12 receive tuition assistance
- Special aid supports non-tuition assistance
- Over $5M in financial aid budget
DRIVE INNOVATION AND EXCELLENCE
Build institutional research capacity at Maret and ensure its long-term success.
- Data-driven assessments, decisions, and innovation
- Maret Leading—Center for Institutional Research in Independent Schools (CIRIS)
A LEGACY OF SUPPORT
Endow and honor Marjo Talbott’s legacy of strategic support of faculty and student families.
- Discretionary resources for the Head of School to help support Maret's talented faculty and students, and help them thrive.