Come with friends and family to celebrate the pleasure of spring at Maret’s 66th Annual Fête Champêtre, Saturday, May 18, 2019, from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. This is a "rain or shine" event. This festive tradition combines the amusements and treats of the boardwalk with the charm and delights of a country fair. Enjoy all your favorite games and foods. Relax while browsing among the flea market or try your hand at some carnival games. Drinks may be purchased at any food booth.
Saturday, May 18, 2019
11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Items for the Fête Market: Used books, CDs, DVDs, toys, sports equipment, camping equipment, and household items that are clean and in good condition (can’t stress that enough!) for the Fête Market.
NO CLOTHING PLEASE.
The Fête Co-Chairs are seeking the following donations for the 2019 Fête:
- Cakes for the Cake Jam
- Baked goods for the Bake Sale
- Prizes for Superchance. Your generous donations may be dropped off at the development office at any time.
- Used books, CDs, toys, sports equipment, and household items that are clean and in good condition for the Fête Market. Due to space limitations, please drop these items off at the development office BEGINNING MONDAY, MAY 13. Please separate book donations from other items donated.
- American Express Membership Rewards Points to purchase special prizes for Superchance. Please contact Marilyn Potts, Director of Constituent Relations, at email@example.com if you wish to contribute.
- Underwriting Opportunities Available - Can't make it to the Fête? Contact Marilyn Potts, Director of Constituent Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org about cash underwriting to help offset Fête costs.
Plan a lunch on the Front Lawn. There are several menus from which to choose a delicious meal for all family tastes!
Enjoy food trucks such as, Carmen's Italian Ice, Captain Cookie and The Milkman, and Empanadas de Mendoza. Sample the barbeque of the Outdoor Grill, with grilled hamburgers and hotdogs donated by Ridgewells. Indulge in the crepes of the French Café, all inspired by the school’s French heritage. And with the help of our very own Maret Grandparents, we will be selling pizza by the slice from Armand's.
Fête Market, Used Books, DVDs, and CDs
You will find an enormous range of inexpensive hardback, paperback, popular, and hard-to-find books, as well as CDs and DVDs. And don't miss the Fête Market for fun finds of gently used accessories, sporting equipment, household items, toys, and other fun goodies.
The Maret Market Place
The Lily Pad. Maret’s school store will set up shop in its usual place in front of Woodley and offer a selection of Maret clothing items and accessories. Additional new styles of Maret apparel will be available.
Vendors This year we are looking for vendors within the Maret community to sell their wares at the Fête. We would like to encourage any students, parents, and/or alumni to sell their artistic creations, including jewelry, paper goods, clothing, toys, etc. We will provide the table and chair - you provide the merchandise. We already have vendors confirmed such as Aroma by Anette, with handmade bath and body essentials; Giovanna Casolina, with home good and gifts; It's Your Healthy Hair with hair care products; Janice's Table, back for her 13th year, with linens; Rock, Paper... No Scissors, with fine jewelry and handbags; and Stella Dot Jewelry.
As in years past, young Fête-goers will enjoy the fun and games.
Returning this year are Maret’s favorite games, including the Frog Pond, Baseball Throw, Soccer Shot, Frogs In A Jar, Lollipop Tree, Hole in One, Hockey Shot, and of course, the Cake Jam, where your children will rock to music and end up with perfect treats – creatively decorated cakes of their choosing made by our own Maret families!
NEW for 2019 - The Climbing Wall!
Super Chance will be back and filled with toys, prizes and candy. Depending on your luck, you will walk away with any number of treats.
There’s no better salve for the winter blues than planning for this wonderful spring happening. The Maret Fête Champêtre is a school-wide event that will take place on the front lawn from 11:00am to 3:00pm on Saturday, May 18, 2019. The Fête is one of Maret’s oldest and most cherished traditions full of great food, entertainment, and games for kids and adults alike.
Last year’s Fête was a fabulous success, thanks to the terrific parent volunteer support and class leadership on the booths. Once again, each grade will manage a Fête booth or activity. The class representatives will take lead responsibility for planning and organizing their respective grades’ activity. The Fête is a fun-for-all-ages, community-building event. Your class representatives will actively recruit parent volunteers from the class to help with all phases of planning and “day of” staffing needs. Thank you all for helping to throw one great party!
The 2019 activity assignments are as follows:
- Kindergarten - Bake Sale
- 1st Grade - Cake Jam
- 2nd Grade - Super Chance
- 3rd Grade - Fête Market/Used Books/CDs
- 4th Grade - Fête Market/Used Books/CDs
- 5th Grade - Games and Inflatables/Climbing Wall
- 6th Grade - Games and Inflatables/Climbing Wall
- 7th Grade - French Cafe
- 8th Grade - Decorations/Setup
- 9th Grade - Beverage Sales, Popcorn, Cleanup
- 10th Grade - Finance
- 11th Grade - Scrip (Ticket Sales)
- 12th Grade - Outdoor Grill
In addition to the customary and much loved booths such as French Café, and Cake Walk, there will be new activities, food, and entertainment from Maret student musicians throughout the day. We hope the whole Maret community will mark their calendars for this fun-filled event.We’re looking forward to a great spring event!