Maret Parents Association
From the moment your child enters Maret, you become part of a dynamic community. Every parent is a member of the Maret Parents Association (MPA) and together we help keep Maret strong and vibrant.
MPA Executive Committee 2017–2018
The MPA has opportunities for every schedule and interest. We look forward to the energy, new ideas, and talents you bring to the Maret parent community!
The MPA strengthens the connection between home and school and enhances the educational experience for every child at Maret by:
- Facilitating volunteer-led activities and events that build bonds and enrich our school
- Supporting teachers and staff
- Fostering communication among parents, and between parents and the school
- Sponsoring educational speakers and programs for parents
- Supporting the Scholarship Auction and other fundraisers
Parents Council of Washington Events of Interest
Lisa Damour, PhD, Author of "Under Pressure: Confronting the Epidemic of Stress and Anxiety in Tweens and Teens"
November 14, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 11:00am
National Presbyterian School
"LIKE" Movie Screening
An IndieFlix documentary exploring the impact of social media on our lives and brains
April 2, 2020 @ 9:15 am - 11:30am
Landmark Theater Bethesda Row Cinema
Parent volunteers are vital to our School community. There is an activity for every schedule and every skill. The following is a sample of our volunteer opportunities.
- After Prom Party
- Annual Fund
- Arts Committee
- Class Activities
- Class Representatives
- Community Service/Service Learning
- Email List Moderators
- Fete Champetre
- Library Volunteers
- MPA Nominating Committee
- Parent Ambassadors